For many years memes have been widespread among people of different ages. Internet memes grew as a concept in the mid-1990s. At the time, memes were just short clips shared between people in Usenet forums and via emails. As the internet evolved, so did memes. When social networking platforms such as Twitter and Facebook appeared, it became effortless to share GIFs and meme images to a broad audience. The golden age of memes (weed memes, too) has started.
Now, it’s not surprising to see older adults , even those in their 50s, sharing memes on Facebook. It’s because these days anyone can make a meme about anything by using a simple app like Meme Generator. As a result, you can find memes about nerds, moms, gamers, and other various existing Internet subcultures.
So what kind of memes stoners and cannabis enthusiasts love the most? Of course, weed memes. However, if you are not passionate about cannabis, this type of memes probably won’t make any sense to you. If you are one of them who haven’t been a cannabis lover till now, and still want to get this kind of memes, take a puff (that’s mandatory) and look at most hilarious and creative weed memes of 2020.
15. That feeling when you know you have just smoked the last one joint. This one is quite easy to understand even to those who do not smoke weed. It is very similar to any other feeling when something you like (for example, your favourite slice of pizza), has just ended, you still want more, you think you don’t have more, and your friend unexpectedly brought you more.
14. Many of us don’t have a lot of love for math. And usually, if you don’t feel passionate about something, you simply try to avoid it. But not when it comes to weed. You love counting those ounces when buying some dank lol.
13. If you ever smoked weed from a bong, you know that feeling – when you hit it too hard, it’s damn difficult not to start coughing. At that point, you can consider yourself partly an astronaut. You have just entered the edge of the Thermosphere (the layer of the Earth’s atmosphere closest to space).
12. Stoners are like little kids inside when it comes to weed.
11. Imagine one “thing” you love the most. And now imagine you saw it while walking down the street. Yes, you got it! It’s like for a biker to see an amazing motorcycle passing by. He will watch it until it disappears. Same with stoners when they smell weed somewhere around. You breathe in deeply and make a sneaky smile.
10. Imagine you are a gamer. You like playing online with friends. The government announces quarantine for one month because of the pandemic, and now you can play for the whole month without going to work. But the government shuts down the internet for the entire time. You can play, but it’s not as fun as with friends on the internet.
9. No need to explain how free you feel when one thing you love the most is not restricted in your area. Think about it. You love ice-cream, but it’s forbidden in your area. But your friends in another state sending you pics with eating it outside. By the way, after a fat joint, Häagen-Dazs is a must!
8. Weed enthusiast has been saying it for a long time – legalize cannabis! It will not only bring a chunk of money into a budget but also will help millions of people to fight many disorders. And now, when pandemic came with a huge crisis ahead, political talk about legalization escalated very quickly among many states. Furthermore, many states which have already legalized cannabis named it among essential business during the pandemic.
7. You can try to pretend you are not high, but you can’t hide red eyes and thirst. Your boss will notice it for sure.
6. Even if you can pass a joint to your homie during the coronavirus pandemic, time goes faster and more enjoyable when you are high.
5. When you smoke weed, you won’t feel hungover like you do when you drink alcohol. Quite the opposite, smoking weed will make you feel rested and happy.
4. Time goes so slow while you wait for something you desperately want. Even worse when it takes years for new laws to become active.
3. When you hear the word “overdose”, you think about something terrible, even death. But it’s not a case when you talk about weed. The worst symptom of the overdose is deep sleep lol.
2. This guy is the king of memes, especially weed memes. This one you should try to understand directly. There are no hidden meanings.
1. This one is our number one weed meme of 2020. It can be added to the category of black humour. Coronavirus came from nowhere and ruined the plan of a decade for stoners.
When was the first Internet meme created?
In 1976, Richard Dawkins was the first one to use the term “meme” as a way to explain how cultural information spreads. From the 1980s meme culture began to emerge. Internet memes began to spread from the early 1990s.
What are “Dank” memes?
Dank memes are a genre of memes involving meme formats but in a new way to image macros. The term “dank” means “a cold, damp place” and is commonly used by marijuana smokers to refer to high-quality marijuana. That’s how it became an ironic term for a type of weed meme, and also becoming synonymous for “cool”.